Finally, it’s Spring Time!! Let’s hope for wonderful weather, especially while we enjoy our Spring Break, maybe a little rain to get the flowers blooming and grass green, but defiantly lots of sun.
Kindergarten is right around the corner for my friends who will be 5 by August 1. If your child is turning 5 years old in the month of August but after the 1st, and you would like them to go to kindergarten you must apply for a waiver. This means you will need to contact the school or school system you would like your child to attend. Fort Wayne Community School Administration student services’ phone number is 260-467-2691. East Allen County School Administration phone number is 260-446-0100. They can tell you which school your child will attend based on the information you give, and how to apply for the kindergarten waiver.
Graduation fees will need to be paid by May 1st. The fee this year is $40.00 which covers the cap, gown, tassel, diploma, 4 announcements, and a small shared fee for the venue. The graduation ceremony will be held at Fellowship Missionary Church, 2536 E. Tillman Rd. at 6pm. Graduates will need to be there by 5pm. Graduation pictures will be Tuesday May 10th so keep that in mind if you would like to order pictures. Only individual pictures will be taken for those that have paid for them. Please have your order forms turned in with exact amount/check/or money order, the forms will be sent home with your child mid-April.
Parent teacher conferences will be held at the end of April on Thursday the 28th from 3:45-6pm and Friday the 29th all day from 8:30am-4pm. The school will be closed for students on that Friday. This is mandatory for all parents to attend; a signup sheet will be sent home with times available right after spring break. Times are scheduled on a first come first serve basis, so make sure you get those sign in sheets turned back in with your time preference.
April is a very busy month; the week we come back we will celebrate ‘The Week of the Young Child:
- Monday April 11 – Music Monday-Sing, Dane Celebrate and Learn
- Tuesday April 14 – Taco Tuesday- Healthy Eating, fitness at home and at school
- Wednesday April 15 – Work Together Wednesday-Building Communities
- Thursday April 16 – Artsy Thursday-Visitors from Bishop Dwenger here to help us
- Friday April 17 – Family Friday-Open House Come see your child at work 8:30-12:30
The week after that… will be spirit week
- Monday April 18 – Hat/Team spirit Day-wear your favorite hat or your favorite team attire or wear both
- Tuesday April 19 – Toon Tuesday-wear your favorite cartoon character shirt/outfit
- Wednesday April 20 – Wacky Wednesday-Inside out or backwards clothes/mismatch socks or shoes/crazy hair
- Thursday April 21 – Crazy Sock Day-just like it sounds, find creative ways to wear socks or just wear crazy socks
- Friday April 22 – Pajama Day/Pizza Party-wear clean pajamas, slippers can be worn IN the classroom only
Scholastic book fair will be held here April 25-29 in the library. Your children may be coming home with a wish list and you are welcome to come in and shop for books at any time. This is a great way for us to expand our library; depending on the amount of sales, we will be able to receive new books for the library. Teachers will also have a wish list on the wall if parents would like to buy a book and donate it to their child’s classroom library. We look forward to a great turnout this year.