Well, we are in for 6 more weeks of winter according to Phil the Groundhog; he saw his shadow this year. Hopefully the next 6 weeks will be as mild as the last. We promise to get the kids outside, if the weather permits. We know the children need fresh air and a place to get rid of all those germs that are trying to invade our classrooms. We have had several children out sick this week and some last week. Please, if you notice your child is feeling a little under the weather or has symptoms of cold or flu please have them checked out by a physician or keep them home until symptoms subside. We want to try to keep everyone healthy as possible, even our teachers are at risk. We make sure the children are washing their hands and we sanitize daily, sometimes however those little germs still seem to get the best of us.
February is widely known as “Black History Month.” We will be studying some of the great people, who fought for the rights of African Americans, especially our name sake, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. If you happen to be in the building please check out the display of short biography’s posted along the hallway. Each classroom teacher will have their own projects and ways to educate the children on some of the struggles and people who helped make our country great.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE PICK UP AND DROP OFF PROCEDURE. WE DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ANY ACCIDENTS ON OUR PROPERTY BECAUSE OF PARENTS NOT FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT EVERYONE FOLLOW THE RULES. NO EXCEPTIONS. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE. RULES NEED TO BE FOLLOWED FOR THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY OUR CHILDREN.
- Please be sure to go to our website (listed above) to check out important dates and to see what your child’s classroom is doing week.
- February 20-24 is Montessori Education Week; you are welcome, as always, to come in and learn about the specific Montessori materials your child is working with. Work time in the classroom is from 9:30am-11:30am.
- Make sure your child has an extra change of clothing here that is appropriate for the weather. We know that sometimes accidents happen and we would like to refrain from calling parents at work/school if necessary.
- Look for a flyer regarding the ‘Sock Hop’ which will be held towards the end of April. This is a dance we do every year, last year it was the “Sweet Heart Ball,” the year before that, the “Winter Wonderland Ball” We want families to be involved and this is one way of doing that. We will have a father/daughter dance, Mother/son Dance, and other dances that the children love doing these days. Pricing and ticket sales are soon to follow.
- Believe it or not, it is time to get ready for graduation. We will be ordering supplies soon. If your child is a graduate this year (he/she will turn 5 before August 1), the fees per child is $40.00 and need to be paid by March 27th. This includes the cap, gown, tassel, diploma, wrist band, 4 invitations, and a small fee for the venue. We will be doing a spring fundraiser to raise the majority of funds to pay for the cost of the venue and other supplies needed for our annual graduation and graduation party.
- Mark your calendars-- Doughnuts for Dads – March 23, 8:35am