We would like to welcome back all of our returning children and families and extend a warm welcome to all of our new children and families. September is always a time of excitement, yet with that comes anxiety and nervousness for many children. We will do our best to ensure the transition is as seamless as possible and to ensure that each child feels loved, respected and safe. A Montessori learning environment is like no other … our main objective at Martin Luther King Montessori School is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help children to develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning. Respect and courtesy in our Montessori school is the foundation for everything we do and each child will soon learn the following important skills:
*how to put their work away where they found it
*how to tidy up after themselves
*the importance of helping a friend in need.
*how to tuck in their chair when they leave the table
*how to walk in the classroom
*how to be self-directed and find their own ‘work’ and most importantly,
*how to be independent!
Each child will feel empowered at MLK and learn how great it feels to do things on their own! Each Montessori teacher is here to nurture, support and guide them each and every day and are committed to making your child’s Montessori preschool experience productive, stimulating and fun! We are honored that you have chosen our school and we are confident that this will be a wonderful year for everyone involved!
We are looking forward to getting to know each child and working with each family to make this year a successful one! If at any time you have questions or concerns, please feel free to make an appointment with us after school so that we can discuss things in detail.
- Please remember to bring in an extra set of clothes in case of an accident. They will need shorts, shirt, socks and underwear. We will sent home the summer clothes when the weather gets cooler and ask for winter clothes.
- Blankets will be sent home on Fridays to have them washed. If your child has a pillow it might be a good idea to bring in a pillow case for it.
- We go outside even if it is wet out. If you want your child to wear a different pair of shoes outside you may send in a pair. MLK has a wonderful blacktop that we use on those wet days as we enjoy having races and playing other games.
- Please check folders each night. Thanks!
- 9/4 Labor Day – No School
- 9/15 Back to School Night
- 9/25 Food Drive Begins
- 10/4 Goodies for Grandparents
- 10/5 Picture Day
- Field Trip to Apple Orchard TBA
- Pumpkin Patch Field Trip
More information will be sent home so be sure to check your child’s folders each night.